Classes of hosting services
A hosting service suggests hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a web portal, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular companies, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between independent groups of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share an immense number of images with comrades or associates since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some vendors provide website hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video files as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At ticopaginas, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content only.